Real estate sales are increasing. Home Inspectors are a key part of most real estate transactions. They review the structure of a home to help their client better understand the functionality, value, and safety.
Do you have a desire to earn more money on a part-time basis or change careers and become your own boss? We have home inspectors that supplement their income as teachers or professors during the summer breaks. Other individuals are retiring first responders who want to add to their income by only doing a couple of inspections a week.
If you think this occupation is for you, Bluegrass Inspection Institute can help get you started on this exciting career.
Bluegrass Inspection Institute provides you with the right training and support to become an accredited home inspector in Kentucky. We deliver unmatched home inspection training lead by experienced instructors. As you go through the course you will master the learning objectives for each lesson that corresponds to the national standards of practice for home inspections in the United States.
No previous experience is required to understand the components and systems of a home and learn how to visually inspect them.
We will prepare you to identify problem areas using trusted time tested techniques. In addition, we will teach you how to conduct your business as a home inspector. Bluegrass Inspection Institute will fully prepare you to pass both the pre-licensing requirements and the National Home Inspector Exam.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete 64 hours of approved education
- Pass the National Home Inspectors Examination
- Carry $250,000 of liability insurance
- Submit a copy of a background check performed by the Kentucky State Police & FBI.
- Complete three (3) unpaid inspections under the supervision of a Kentucky licensed home inspector with satisfactory written reports submitted to the course provider.
- Set your own hours
- Work outdoors
- Leveraging your skills and experience to help people